Best Lawyers For Guardianship Binghamton Ny?

Plan B: You can try to get a court order for guardianship and petition the court to appoint an attorney.

It is uncommon, but it is possible that you could be able to get your parent’s medical power of attorney transferred into your name without going through probate if their estate has already been settled or paid out. It would probably take some time and effort on your part though. You should also consult with an elder law attorney about this possibility before you do anything else since there are significant ethical issues involved in such a case and not all attorneys will want to take on something like this as a client. An elder law lawyer who specializes in powers of attorney can help you determine whether or not it might be possible for you, while also advising you regarding any other options open to you when it comes time for appointing an advisor/guardian/attorney after they die.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *